Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crazy Cacti

Most of the time when you think of the word "cactus" you think of those giant ones in the desert or of the simple aloe houseplant. During this Memorial Day, however, I went shopping and found some really bazaar looking ones. Although some of them are technically succulents, I still classify them in the cactus family.

This one is by far the weirdest looking one to me. It's called a split rock succulent. You can't really see but in the spit there is another little sprig of something.
I can't remember the names of these next ones, but the pink one is by far my favorite of these.
This next one looks like a normal aloe plant, but if you look close, the spines are pink. The picture on the right is the flower coming off of the top of the aloe. I've never seen an aloe bloom with such a pretty and distinct flower.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Holly....LOVE the cactus plants!
All your fuzzbutts look so cute on the sidebar.
Keep blogging girl!
Hugs,
Debbie