Wednesday, May 25, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

This year's spring has been quite a bit colder than last year. I haven't even bought most of my annuals for this year yet. So far the biggest surprise is the blooming of my magnolia tree. James bought it for me last year, and it was a pitiful little shrub. I couldn't believe that it even came up this year. I've also planted my ever famous toilet out by the road. I know I know, it's a little redneck, but I get a kick out of it every year.

All of the tulips are fading, the daffodils drooping, and I sit on my porch coffee in hand. The smell of the newly blooming lilacs remind me that there is always something new to each day of the season.
May the wind be always at your back, the sun shine upon your face, and the rain fall softly on your fields.

Holly

No comments: